Katie and I have been gone for a few days now. Five to be exact. We will be gone a bit longer, until Sunday. Getting away from it all, doing something different, has been great. We are at Soul Fest with friends. It's like a Christian Woodstock.
Here are a few things I've learned or been reminded of...
- Katie is a magnet for new friends.
- People, not me, will sleep on a mountain, sideways, for days just to experience Soul Fest. Now I get it.
- Although I've never liked heavy metal music, even when I was a teenager, I now have a deep respect, appreciation for their AMAZING talent, and love for Skillet. (If you saw them in concert you might too). No, really. :)
- Everyone is so different, but somehow, we are really all the same.
- Blue Eyes doesn't like it when I'm gone. ;)
- Next week... my hair needs some SERIOUS attention.
- Even though my 16 year old daughter does protest... she WILL share a bed with her sometimes loudly snoring mom, and without much prompting from me, get me caught up on her day before we both close our eyes.
- The best part of this trip for this mom has been, #7.
Hugs From My Heart